Re: [Question #223448]: Number of spheres is not true in particleSD method?

Nguyen Hien posted a new comment:
You got it, I just give some comments about this.

Thanks, I tended to leave rMean=-1 in order to let the psdSizes define
the radius of the spheres but the code asked so I enter 0.00575 as a
(0.002+0.0095)/2 without hesitation, so I thought the "reducing rMean"
method you supposed should work and reasonable. (although when I
estimate the rMean by the provided PSD curve, the value is nearly 0.005
too)

By the way, as you can see in my code, I already tried the makeCloud
method and it seems to be working like a charm..

sp.makeCloud(mn,mx,-1,0,num_spheres,False,
0.95,psdSizes,psdCumm,False,seed=1)

or so, I can't verify exactly like the particleSD since the terminal
don't show the same think as particleSD (I mean the percentage + number
of spheres for each class of radius) but I think it works since the
radius in this case is exactly defined under psdSizes value.

And a little attention for people who want to play with particleSD, with
yade-daily, it will be psdCumm=[1,9,25,50,69,90,95,100], but with
makeCloud, it should be
psdCumm=[0.01,0.09,0.25,0.50,0.69,0.90,0.95,1.00]

The makeCloud is definitely capable of replacing particleSD but I would
still want to use it anyway since when I use the code to explain to
someone else it makes sense than the makeCloud (yet makeCloud is
powerful but particleSD is somehow "cuter"), so I'll also take the 3rd
solution.

Regards.