YADE on High Performance Cluster

Dear users,

After some weeks of trouble we successfully installed YADE on HPC in Freiberg [1] (special thanks to Anton Gladky, Dieter Simon and Oliver Rebentrost). The HPC in Freiberg is based on a quite old (RPM-based) Scientific Linux 5.5 and thats why the main problem was to create modules of the required packages for YADE [2]. Please note, that YADE is parallelized with OpenMP [3]. So it is not possible to use more than one node per job, but one can run several jobs parallel (on several nodes). Also it is possible to use all cores of one single node (using -j option).

I hope this information is useful for you and I would be very happy to see YADE running also on other clusters. If you have questions referred to this topic, do not hesitate to ask [4]!

Kind regards,

Christian Jakob

[1] http://urz.tu-freiberg.de/urz/hpc/
[2] https://yade-dem.org/doc/installation.html?highlight=installation#prerequisities