Re: [Question #225776]: Definition of Yade's frictionAngle for a single material

Bruno Chareyre proposed the following answer:
Eugen,

The three bodies problem you refer to is the classical caveat of
computing contact parameters from bodies properties. I had the same
problem years ago with PFC. But matchmakers gives you all freedom to
solve this problem, as suggested by Jan.

Note that your three bodies problem has in fact an easy solution without matchMakers.
If you want friction f12 between b1 and plane 2, and friction f13 between b1 and plane 3, then why would you assign the minimum friction paramater to b1? You are not looking for troubles are you? ;)
Since b1's friction is a meaningless parameter with the only purpose of defining contacts friction, you will give it any value (say 6e66), then you will assign f12 to plane 2 and f13 to plane 3.

Of course, if we must have at the same time friction f23 between planes
2 and 3, we are toasted already, then goto: matchmakers.