Re: [Question #225911]: I have problem with figuring out installation by source code and package. I am new to yade. can anyone tell me explictly what should i do for installation ?

Hello Hemanta,

I just typed the code from tutorials-examples/ bouncing sphere(
> https://www.yade-dem.org/doc/tutorial-examples.html), as it is ,except
> comments. Should i do anything else or different to run the code? I will
> appereciate if you can tell me about running code in yade.

There are two basic ways how to run a simulation in Yade. First way is to
type commands into interactive console (as you did if I uderstood
correctly). The second is to type all commands into a file (named for
example test.py) file and run this file by command
yade  test.py

stil we don't know why your simulation "did not work".. Was there any
errors? If you just typed all commands from the link you sent in previous
mail, Yade is supposed to "do nothing", as there is no "O.run()" nor
"O.step()" command. So please provide us with more information what you
did, what you expected and what went wrong.

cheers