Re: [Question #226198]: question for the Clump with facet

Christian Jakob proposed the following answer:
Hallo,

> I am sure now that with utils.geom.facetBox the replaceByClumps cann't work.
> i think the reason is that the replaceByClumps take the Facet as Sphere and register the length of the Facet as radius.

No, definitely not [1]. But there is still a known bug in facets, so you
should avoid facets.

> But how can I solve the Problem.

You can use boxes [2] or fixed particles or periodic space [3] as
boundaries.

> And the seconde Question how can I program the original C++ Code. I mean which Tool shall I use.
> And Which Steps shall I perform.

You can look at/download the source code at git-hub [4]. You can install
kdevelop, if you want to work on the code.

Some additional hints/comments:
1. Your script is working nethertheless (Just press play button in GUI). I think you can ignore the error message (I will have look at it tomorrow). Also for the testing case you can stay using facets.

2. Did you notice, that some particles fly away from the model? This is
because replacing spheres by clumps will lead to some overlaps. You can
avoid this using calm() function (see replaceByClumps example script at
the end).

3. There is no need for typing "utils". You can remove it, if you want.

4. For the clumpTemplate you can use relative positions and radii, no
need for "0.00x", just use "x" ;-)

Regards,

Christian

[1] https://github.com/yade/trunk/blob/master/py/wrapper/yadeWrapper.cpp#L292