Re: [Question #226352]: 2D biaxial compression task completion

(1). I wanna employ a strict pattern for particles-generation rather than
> make a randomly distribution and a simple example can be taken here for
> describing what the problem is like that:
> There are 3 types of particles in my specimen and the radii of which are
> a,b and c. Each type of particles has a equal proportion, which is,of
> course, 33.3%. The total number of particles in my specimen is d. So, I
> want to obtain a perfect particles generation with the parameters a,b,c and
> d.
> how can I do for this purpose?

see [1] and parameters psdSizes and psdCumm. I've never used it myself, but
I think that you can define some psd close to only three discrete particle
sizes. Probably the number of particles would not be exactly what you
defined, but it should be close. Alternatively, you can write your own
myMakeCloud function, it should not be a big deal.

> (2). In the process of initial state determination, I wanna use the
> porosity as simulation stop condition and once the porosity of my specimen
> is equal to which I specified before the simulation starting, the
> simulation can be stopped immediately. how can I write this orders in my
> script.

def checkPorosity():
  porosity = someCommandToDeterminePorosity() # maybe something like    1 -
sum(4/3.*pi*b.shape.radius**3 for b in O.bodies)/O.cell.volume
  if porosity > definedPorosity: O.pause()
O.engines = [
  PyRunner(iterPeriod=10,command="checkPorosity()")
]

> (3). I use the classes "ThreeDTriaxialEngine" for applying loads in the
> second step of biaxial compression(named triax02) and I copy this from the
> examples of YADE without understanding how it works. I am not sure whether
> it is correct for me to apply such loads as that:
> 1. In the horizontal direction, I want to apply constant forces 2N/m;
> 2. In the Vertical direction, I want to apply constant velocities 0.05m/s.

personally I have never used ThreeDTriaxialEngine, so perhaps somebody else
can help you

cheers
Jan

[1]