[Question #228023]: Using Yade to model spherical void phase porous media

I'm a masters student (mechanical engineering) doing research in porous media. I would like to be able to generate some computer models (Solidworks) of spherical void phase porous media cubes called Representative Elemental Volumes (REVs). I have had some success with an algorithm of my own design, however I have had some problems with my algorithm not filling some of the space within the REV. I am also required to make this structure periodic along all three principal axis. This would be accomplished using the Lubachevsky–Stillinger algorithm. Using this algorithm means that the bubbles need to be resized at every time-step and, as the REV approaches the maximally jammed state, neighbouring bubbles will have large interference with eachother. As per the algorithm the time step needs to be dynamically controlled. One note is that the goal is to simulate the final structure of the porous media (not the physical process by which it is formed: that is, I will be ignoring bubble coalescence). I'm thinking right now that each REV will be filled with around 500-1000 bubbles.

I realize that learning to work with a new api (and in my case a new operating system) will be a significant investment, so I would like the honest opinion of those in the Yade community. My question is:

Is Yade the right tool for this job? If not, is there some other software or strategy that would be better suited to my research? If so, is there anything I should be wary of when using Yade for this purpose?

Thank you in advance,

Nolan Dyck