Re: [Question #228058]: some questions about the class"TriaxialStressController"

Nguyen N.G. Hien proposed the following answer:
Hi,
corcerning the triaxial test, for me I separated it into 2 steps:
Step 1: isotropic compression by moving wall, the code will be:

triax=TriaxialStressController(
	stressMask = 7,
	goal1=50e3,
	goal2=50e3,
	goal3=50e3,
	max_vel=5,
	internalCompaction=False,
)

And to check the equilibrium while compressing:

while 1:
  O.run(1000, True)
  unb=unbalancedForce()
  meanS=(triax.stress(triax.wall_right_id)[0]+triax.stress(triax.wall_top_id)[1]+triax.stress(triax.wall_front_id)[2])/3
  print 'unbalanced force:',unb,' mean stress: ',meanS
  if unb<stabilityThreshold and abs(meanS-50e3)/50e3<0.001:
    break

Then switch to step 2: deviatoric loading:

triax.stressMask = 5
triax.goal2=-0.05
triax.goal1=100000
triax.goal3=100000

And to stop the simulation you can put a stop condition following the discussion here:

According to the code, we work only with (1) (code: while 1....), I dont' see any use of the state (3) here since with the stressMask  we can more easily play with the "triaxial loading"
I just extract from the example code and modify a little to make it clearer, correct me if you find any fault.