[Question #228175]: Accelarate the simulation with CUDA

Dear all,

I’m using Yade to simulate some mechanical experiments such as Direct Shear and Uniaxial Compression of geotechnical materials. There are at least 100,000 particles in the model, as a result, it takes about 4 days or even more to complete one simulation although I have used 8 cores with a desktop computer (8 cores ; Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.70GHz) . So I’m considering rewrite the mainly time-consuming part of code in the calculation with CUDA to achieve a much higher efficiency, for example the part of contact detection. Now I have several questions to consult: 1、Whether this idea is feasible and what degree of workload will be? 2、What’s the structure of the source code like? 3、If I want to speed up the part of contact detection may I only need to rewrite the corresponding code of that part? And which file is this part of code in?
Thanks a lot for your help in advance.

Ocean