Re: [Question #228175]: Accelerate the simulation with CUDA

Ocean posted a new comment:
Hi Eugen,
Thank you for your detailed answer. I have received your email, that will help  a lot.

>Have you reviewed some timingStats for your simulations?
I'm sorry I haven't use this useful function because the time-consuming isn't a key facter I pay attention to until I found that it takes so long to finish a simulation with large amount of particles. I will focus on the timingStats later and share the performance of my simulations.

>how much time do you save by using all 8 cores in contrast than using just 4 cores and running 2 >simulations at once?
I simulateed biaxial compression with 11362 particles, using 8 cores takes about 46 hours and running 2 simulations each with 4 cores takes about 98 hours, it seems running 2 simulations at the same time takes several hours more. And I used 12 cores to simulate a similar scenario once, it seems even a little slower than using 8 cores when comes to the timesteps running per second.