Re: [Question #221362]: Clumps made of overlapping spheres

daalgi is still having a problem:
Hi Christian, thank you for your reply. I'd like to apologize, I haven't
been able to continue with this project for a few months, so I couldn't
try to solve it.

Right now I'm trying to check the new methods implemented in Yade about clumps to create a ballast particle by means of overlapping spheres. Since I have to consider more than 2 overlaps I can only use the adaptClumpMasses method. I'm trying to check it through simple tests that I expected to have equal mass and inertia:
- Test1 (simple particle):
     sphere1=utils.sphere([0,0,0],2)
- Test2 (clump1):
     sphere2=utils.sphere([0,0,0],2)
     sphere3=utils.sphere([0,0,0],1)
     clump1=O.bodies.appendClumped(sphere2,sphere3)
     O.bodies.adaptClumpMasses([],10000000)
- Test3 (clump2):
     sphere4=utils.sphere([0,0,0],2)
     sphere5=utils.sphere([0,0.5,0],1)
     clump2=O.bodies.appendClumped(sphere4,sphere5)
     O.bodies.adaptClumpMasses([],10000000)
Resulting:
     mass_sphere1 = mass_clump1 = mass_clump2
     inertia_sphere1 ≠ inertia_clump1 ≠ inertia_clump2
Is that wrong? Does the adaptClumpMasses method take into account the overlapping correctly to calculate the inertia?