Re: [Question #231814]: Unbalanced simulation

Bruno Chareyre posted a new comment:
>GlobalStiffnessTimeStepper seems to be working well (although it is
slow)

GSTS is slow or your simulation is slow?
When dt is set by GSTS, you can always pause the simulation and set dt=2*dt manually (in controller window)  to see if GSTS is choosing an excessively small dt. In my experience it never happens, and dt=2*dt should explode immediatly (unless you changed the default safety factor to something smaller than 0.8).

Classical tricks for speedup: increase mass or decrease stiffness.

>I could linearize the bubble constitutive law and then have it report
an effective contact stiffness to the time stepper.

Exactly. All you need is to reflect the current (or expected maximum, if
you don't want to update all the time) linearized stiffness in the kn/ks
variables of the contacts. GSTS will use them to give a timestep.