Re: [Question #234129]: plastic energy dissipation

lingran is still having a problem:
Hi, Jan
Sorry for replying to you so late, it’s not possible to run yade simulations on my personal windows 8 computer at home. I should replace windows 8 with windows 7 as soon as possible.

Here is the whole script:  http://pastebin.com/xM5Djdmq

Now I am still confused about how plastic energy dissipation is
calculated in c++ code and python respectively?

1.      “In c++ code, the values are transfered from previous time step
to the current one, while in your python script, your values are always
the current one”.

The question is I also use du=i.geom.shearInc and calculate Ft=Ft-kt*du,
why it  can not be considered as a updating of value?

2.      I got same values of elastic energy at each O. iter both from
c++ and python. If  c++ is one time step earlier than python, then the
values shouldn’t be the same.

3.      It is still difficult for me to understand how does your script
work?

        print Ftt,i.phys.shearForce # now both should be the same-----
do you mean  Ftt=i.phys.shearForce here? Then why should them be equal
to each other?

Thanks.
Best regards.
Lingran