Re: [Question #234129]: plastic energy dissipation

Hi Lingran,

> Sorry for replying to you so late,

not problem at all for me :-)

> it’s not possible to run yade simulations on my personal windows 8
> computer at home. I should replace windows 8 with windows 7 as soon as
> possible.

you are able to run yade on windows 7 (just for my curiosity)?

> Here is the whole script:  http://pastebin.com/xM5Djdmq

thanks, I will try it

> 1.      “In c++ code, the values are transfered from previous time step
> to the current one, while in your python script, your values are always
> the current one”.
>
> The question is I also use du=i.geom.shearInc and calculate Ft=Ft-kt*du,
> why it  can not be considered as a updating of value?

Basicly you are updating the value, you are right. But the starting point
of the update is different. In c++, you start with shearForce from previous
step and do some update (to current step). In python you start to update
already updated (in c++) shearForce (in current step). Maybe I got
something wrong, that's why I asked you for the script to test it myself,
but just now I see this difference as the most important one.

> 2.      I got same values of elastic energy at each O. iter both from
> c++ and python. If  c++ is one time step earlier than python, then the
> values shouldn’t be the same.

elastic energy is computed from current values of force (i.e. the same in
c++ and python), so this is ok

> 3.      It is still difficult for me to understand how does your script
> work?
>
>         print Ftt,i.phys.shearForce # now both should be the same-----
> do you mean  Ftt=i.phys.shearForce here? Then why should them be equal
> to each other?

sorry, I will try your script and then try to formulate the answer in as
understandable way as possible :-)

cheers