Re: [Question #232953]: rolling resistance models in YADE

Chiara Modenese proposed the following answer:
Yes, I agree that the algorithms are different than what is in Yade at
present (thanks for the reference you have given above). Moreover, as you
say, equations are not generally  fully developed and so it is hard to
guess how was actually implemented. It would be good, however, to consider
a paper where PFC with rolling resistance was used and to try and compare
the results obtained with Yade.

As for the coordination number, I have actually been asked in the past why
I get very low values (in my case always around 3.5 towards the steady
state) but I have never used another code to be able to find an explanation
as to why other authors obtain much higher values - I guess it would
require a more systematic comparison of Yade with PFC.

Chiara