Re: [Question #234450]: Law2_ScGeom_ViscElPhys_Basic

Anton Gladky proposed the following answer:
Hi Raphael,

the law is written on the basis of this paper [Pournin2001]. Mass is
used there. So breaking the already implemented contact model is
highly bad idea as it will influence the results of people, which are
already using it.

Anyway, we are open to accept any contribution, so, please, provide a
patch, which you want to commit and we will try to find a suitable solution
for you.

Recently I implemented this contact law in LIGGGHTS-code and I added
"explicit"-parameter, which removes "mass-variable" if it is set. We can
probably do it and for Yade as well,so you will be able to set strength and
damping coefficient explicitly.

Cheers,

Anton

[Pournin2001]L. Pournin, Th. M. Liebling, A. Mocellin (2001),
Molecular-dynamics force models for better control of energy
dissipation in numerical simulations of dense granular media. Phys.
Rev. E (65), pages 011302. DOI 10.1103/PhysRevE.65.011302