Re: [Question #235264]: Use of JCFpmPhys.dilation ?

Luc Scholtès posted a new comment:
"One extra remark about this topic : I thought that it would maybe sound
more "rheological" to take into account dilation only at plastic
sliding, and, then, to compute the normal dilation according to the
plastic part of the relative shear displacement. Do you agree ?"

Actually, if you have a look at the code, dilation (the change in initD)
is taken into account only when maximum shear strength is reached
(plastic yield) and it takes into acount only the incremental shear
displacement (jointSliding).

Now, definitely, the computation of the normal displacement in the joint
(phys->dilation), needs to be corrected. What do you think about that
way:

phys->dilation += jointSliding*phys->dilationAngle

So we use the incremental shear displacement (after plastic yield)?

Luc