Re: [Question #235395]: Cannot get it working on debian 7.1 is this a python problem?

burak er is still having a problem:
Sorry for this question that I have missed it.

@Bruno I can not get ipython version there is a problem with it. I have
installed so many packages to solve the error.  ipython -V returns:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/ipython", line 26, in <module>
    import IPython.Shell
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/IPython/Shell.py", line 38, in <module>
    from IPython.Magic import Magic
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/IPython/Magic.py", line 89, in <module>
    class Magic:
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/IPython/Magic.py", line 536, in Magic
    @testdec.skip_doctest
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'skip_doctest'

But before I solve the yade error, I remember getting the first error
just after I have installed wheezy from cd image then installed yade
using the instructions here[1]. These steps should be repeated to see
where the error is, I think.

[1]https://yade-dem.org/wiki/Installation_of_yade_on_debian_/_ubuntu

@Anton Gladky

I have first installed it from source code, then, after getting the
error, used the packages.