Re: [Question #228778]: About considered facet's radius in Ig2_Facet_Sphere_ScGeom.

Alexander Eulitz [Eugen] proposed the following answer:
Thank you for the feedback. I did not find this discussion by myself,
excuse me.

This discussion results in the question whether the contact between a facet and sphere should be threaded like the contact between two identical spheres.
In my eyes a facet could be seen as a sphere with infinite radius. so increasing the reference radius of a sphere definitly makes sense. But this cannot explain the factor being 2.
And I see that Klaus had this idea, already[1]. And it was declined.
Does anyone know how this aspect is solved in ESys or other DEM programmes?

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/yade-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg07520.html