Re: [Question #238289]: Use Law2_ScGeom_CpmPhys_Cpm() with two spheres

Hello Hicham,

then defined the engines :

> UX=uniaxialTestFeatures()
>
> negIds,posIds,axis,crossSectionArea=UX['negIds'],UX['posIds'],UX['axis'],UX['area']

Could you try to "debug" the four values values from UX (just 'print axis'
is enough)? This is the first suspicious place..

> Question : The data plot stays empty even if the simulation shows that the
> two spheres are interacting (tension and compression tests are running
> well) and the strengths fc and and ft printed on screen show "NAN".
>
> - Is using two spheres only can show results similar to a test on a normal
> specimen (of 2000 spheres) ?

It might be the reason. The UniaxialStrainer is not used much AFAIK and
probably nobody used it for two spheres before :-)

> - Am I using the engines right ? I am new to YADE and that may be the
> problem

The engines seems to be ok..

> Another question not related to this topic : Are all the parameters of a
> Law hard coded or is it possible to modify them when writing the python
> script ?

It depends on what you mean by "Law". Som eparts of the law are determined
by the material parameters, which are defined on CpmMat material. There are
a few parameters on Law2_ScGeom_CpmPhys_Cpm that might be assigned, see [1]

In similar cases (when the script has reasonable length, i.e. < 100 lines),
please include all the script to the mail, we can then try it ourselves and
give some suggestions based on personal testing. On the other hand (for the
future), do not include too long scripts :-)

cheers
Jan

[1]
https://yade-dem.org/doc/yade.wrapper.html#yade.wrapper.Law2_ScGeom_CpmPhys_Cpm