Re: [Question #238696]: Time step

Chiara Modenese proposed the following answer:
Hi Lingran,

I have used contact damping with the HM law. Whether it is approprate in a
dynamic case like yours it is up to you to decide as it all depends on the
physics you are trying to reproduce. You may be able to calibrate the shear
and normal damping coefficients against real data, for instance. Finally,
keep in mind that the critical time step for particles with and without
damping is not the same as it should be reduced when damping is present.

Cheers,
Chiara