[Question #239778]: Multithreading activated by ENABLE_OPENMP, or -j option ?

The title explains it already a little. If I want to avoid multithreading, is it enough to not use -j option (whatever the way yade was compiled), or do I have moreover to use an executable compiled with ENABLE_OPENMP = OFF ?
I found contradictory answers in mailing list archive..

And, completely related, when this YADE_OPENMP flag appearing in the sources is defined ? (regarding the #ifdef YADE_OPENMP blocks)
According to ENABLE_OPENMP compilation option, or -j option ?

Thanks !

Jérôme