Re: [Question #243909]: Representing beams, wires, grids, with connected cylinders

David Zhang is still having a problem:
Hello Klaus and Bruno,

I have read the suggested papers and now  have a better understanding of
the chained cylinders and remote interactions.

I think previously I misunderstood Klaus' message (#4) on wire-wire contacts. The self contacts of wires I meant are not the remote interaction between two adjacent wire nodes. Actually they are the contacts between two arbitrary wires. This could occur when a flexible structure undergoes large deformation, e.g.
1) folding a soft net from an spread state to a folded state;
2) axially compressing a soft spring to its shortest length.

It seems that this types of self-contacts have not been included by Yade
yet. So is there a straightforward way to consider the self-contacts of
wires in Yade?

Many thanks,

David