Re: [Question #244312]: Clump templates

Christian Jakob proposed the following answer:
Hi again,

I have a good and a bad message for you:

The good one is: I found the problem and fixed it [1].

The bad one is: For multiple overlapping clump members an additional
space grid integration is needed for getting volume of the clump
templates. It is done once for each template.

I checked the volumes of spheres and corresponding clumps (using
discretization=5) and it is ok now:

Volume of shpere before replacement: 0.110894
Volume of clump: 0.110879
Volume of shpere before replacement: 0.106574
Volume of clump: 0.106577
Volume of shpere before replacement: 0.102368
Volume of clump: 0.102379

While deactivating integration scheme (integrateInertia=False)
properties (volume/mass/inertia) are not valid, but initialization is
much faster:

Volume of shpere before replacement: 0.110894
Volume of clump: 0.330293
Volume of shpere before replacement: 0.106574
Volume of clump: 0.317426
Volume of shpere before replacement: 0.102368
Volume of clump: 0.304897

Have fun with this new feature!

Now I am thinking about a parallelizing integration scheme ...

Cheers,

Christian

Oh I forgot: It does not fix the other bug [2].

[1] https://github.com/yade/trunk/commit/f60e0c0315595842c853a0f154121a5d4e1449a2
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/yade/+bug/1273172