Re: [Question #245957]: BicyclePedalEngine not defined

Hi Carrie,

> I am not clear about the motion of this engine .So i would like to run the
> corresponding example and see how it works :)

Well, I have not used it myself, but form the name I would guess, that it
rotates bodies around a point, but preserving their orientation, like the
part connecting left and middle large wheel in [1]

> And do you think it is workable using the combination of RotationEngine
> and TranslationEngine to simulate the rolling?

yes, thats why they were introduced :-)

> I use RotationEngine and set the argument below.
>
> --RotationEngine(rotateAroundZero=False,angularVelocity=100,rotationAxis=[1,0,0]),

rotateAroundZero: if false, then all bodies rotate around their center of
mass. If true, all bodies rotate around the same point (parameter
zeroPoint, which is Vector3(0,0,0) by default). So in your case the
cylinder should rotate around x axis.

> According to the engine, the cylinder should rotate around its centroid.
> But the cylinder does not rotate at all.

There can be different reasons. Try to check position and orientation of
rotated bodies, meybe the motion is only very slow. You can also print
"cylIds" before O.engines command to be sure you use correct ids.

> Should I give a centroid to the cylinder? Or change a way to creat the
> cylinder, or other ways?

It depends what you want to simulate, but from current problem point of
view, it is OK

cheers
Jan

[1] http://home.roadrunner.com/~trumpetb/loco/locoimages/rodsmall.gif