Re: [Question #245682]: optional compilation of LBM engine

Anton Gladky posted a new comment:
Hi Luc,

> 1/ put all LBM-stuff into the pkg/LBM: if you think it is better there
> is no problem. It is just necessary to keep in mind that LBM is coupled
> with DEM, and I think that LBM computation cannot by run alone, it need
> at least the rigid walls defined in the DEM part to build the LBM grid
> (but it should works even without grain). It should require also a DEM
> time step.

I agree with Bruno. And it is just putting files in a separate folder to escape
overcrowding, there is nothing about running LBM-code alone.

> 2/ Yes I know that examples are essential, I plan to commit one concerning a buoyancy problem, but the script is quite old and not updated with respect to the current version of Yade. Thus I need to update it before committing it.
> Actually I prefer to commit things incrementally, than waiting that all is perfectly ready and complete. I am afraid that this last option would never be reached, and then the code would be definitively lost. But you're right, the next step is to commit an example.

Yes, incremental commits are always better than the large (sometimes
unreadable) patch.

> 3/ I will ask to the contributors of the code concerning GPL-2+. Franck
> and Luc, maybe you are following this discussion, do not hesitate to
> react. Personnally I agree.

That would be fine.

> Thus, how do we proceed? You reject the pull request and I will make a
> new one following your recommendations(LBM directory + GPL-2+)? Or you
> accept it by changing the LBM directory (pkg/LBM) and I will bring
> afterwards the modifications (GPL-2+)?

As you want. We can do both.

Best regards

Anton