[Question #247865]: Perform multicore performance test took only 1 core to work

I have Yade-1.07.0 which I compiled from source. I want to test its performance up to 3 cores by running
yade-1.07.0 -j3 --performance
and in the same time I look at system monitor, I found that from beginning to the end, only one core is used for this performance test (I have 8-core PC). (See attached image: http://i.imgur.com/XtYzL4o.png)

System info:
Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit
Yade 1.07.0 compiled normally (OpenMP successfully included)
bogomips	: 4789.08
clflush size	: 64
cache_alignment	: 64
address sizes	: 39 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
processor	: 7
vendor_id	: GenuineIntel
cpu family	: 6
model		: 60
model name	: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz
stepping	: 3
microcode	: 0x12
cpu MHz		: 800.000
cache size	: 6144 KB
physical id	: 0
siblings	: 8
core id		: 3
cpu cores	: 4
apicid		: 7
initial apicid	: 7
fpu		: yes
fpu_exception	: yes
cpuid level	: 13
wp		: yes

Did I do the right thing? I also see there is --threads/--cores syntax, how to use them?
And then how to correctly perform a multicore performance check with Yade?

Thanks in advance!