Re: [Question #247806]: apply rigid body rotation of a periodic cell

ceguo posted a new comment:
Thank you for the kind replies,

I'm using YADE for coupled FEM/DEM simulation where DEM packings serve
as RVEs in Gauss points of FEM mesh. Some papers describe this idea
[1,2,3]. Now I'm dealing with a problem with cylindrical geometry. I
want the initial condition to be axial-symmetric. So I'd to rotate the
initial RVE packings according to their positions in the problem domain
because the packings are not perfectly isotropic (only ~400 grains in
each packing).

But later I think I can solve the problem (FEM level) in the cylindrical
coordinate. Then I may not need to rotate the RVE packings. So currently
I'm working on the FEM formulation in the cylindrical coordinate. And
sorry for the late reply.

[1] http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs10035-011-0255-6
[2] http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.4812158
[3] http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.4812151