Re: [Question #248341]: Quasi-static simulation

Sina Jafari confirmed that the question is solved:
Thank you very much Bruno, I answer your questions as follows:
1- I'm using globalstiffnesstimestepper, so yes I think I'm using the largest timestep possible.
2- The contact stiffness I use is in the order of 10^8 Pa which is not a high value for studying a granular packing in range of sands.
3- The PSD of the soil I try to simulate is concave upward with a high dmax/dmin. and that's exaclty where the problem appears: There are so many fine loose particles that easily float between the larger ones and cause such dynamic behaviour! unfortunately It seems almost impossible to keep them in a quasi-static regime unless using a very very low strain rate which is not feasible due to computation costs!
4- I'm using cundall's non-viscous damping but it has no strong effect on the behaviour ( knowing that I can't use a larger damping coefficient as you mentioned before)

So I think I should conclude that practically there is no way to simulate such packing unless I afford the computation cost!
Thank you again Bruno and Jan! That was a nice discussion :)