Re: [Question #248996]: Viscoelastic Force Model

Andy Torres posted a new comment:
Hi Anton,
Yes, actually I had prepeared some attachments to make the thing easier, but...  haha
ok, I checked your script but with 5e4 time steps, and when I plot PD, Vel/100 and Fn/1e8 ("1/100" and "1/1e8" factors are just to have all in the same scale) I have exactly the same problem.
I mean, the first bounse its all right, like you said, but, in the second one, if you plot all together (PD,Vel/100 and Fn/1e8 Vs iterN) and make some zoom to that (between iteration numbers 14400-14800), you will see that the Fn != 0 even when PD < 0 (meaning that there is forces acting even if ther is no contact, right?). And with this plot, its posible to see that the force is actually acting over the particle, because the velocity also change before the particles make contact.
Its seems like the "if" of line 44 is not removing the interaction like it shoud, right?
please, tell me if I'm not beeing clear enough, i have the files done and ready to send.
again, tanks .
Regards,
Andy