[Question #249243]: Tracking variables

Hi everybody,
I don`t get the idea of tracking variables, I`ve studied at User`s Manual but I still have problem.
I`m studying some contact laws due to this I need print or plot some output data in order to compare these laws and in the future to analyze the empirical results.
I used:  PyRunner(command="AddData",iterPeriod=5)
                     from yade import plot
                     def myAddData():
                     b=O.bodies[1]
                     plot.addData(z1=b.state.pos[2], v1=b.state.vel.norm(), i=O.iter, t=O.time) #OK, this worked!

But I don`t know if I must use a different kind of command for each variable and how to use correctly the def.
I`m trying to print or plot normalForce,  cohesion... in each interaction to get some output data, but the error of: name 'command' is not difined, always appears.

If anyone knows where I can find more information about the commands and defs or a short explanation here, of the general idea, I`ll be very gratefull!

Thanks!!