Re: [Question #249377]: Peri3dController without periodic sample?

Jérôme Duriez proposed the following answer:
Hello,

With TriaxialStressController, the x/y (and z) axis of your simulation
are principal directions, hence you will obtain only nill values of Sxy
(assuming that the x/y axis of your stress matrix correspond indeed to
x/y axis of yade simulation...)

KinemCNDEngine was designed to shear (simple shear) a parallellepiped
(with parallelelogram shape in a plane normal to z), so it is OK for the
(x,y) part of your matrix. But you will have some adaptations to do to
obtain your plane stress state (with all z stress components equal to
0). We may discuss this more if you choose this engine.

(And if yes, you will have to update today your yade version, I just saw
something to correct in the source code, that is no longer valid since
some - quite old ...- change in design of state.dynamic)

Jérôme