Re: [Question #250103]: Unable to install yade on Ubuntu 10.04.

Anton Gladky proposed the following answer:
> I have been trying to install yade on my 64bit Ubuntu 10.04 but I keep getting errors...
> This is what I get:
>
> anna@anna-DELL-Workstation:/$ sudo apt-get install yadedaily
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> or been moved out of Incoming.
>
> The following packages have unmet dependencies.
>   yadedaily: Depends: libyadedaily (= 1.09.0-51-3dc1972~saucy-1) but it is not going to be installed
>              Depends: python-yadedaily (= 1.09.0-51-3dc1972~saucy-1) but it is not going to be installed
>              Depends: python-numpy (>= 1:1.7-0~b1) but 1:1.3.0-3build1 is to be installed
>              Depends: python-numpy-abi9 but it is not installable
>              Depends: python:any but it is not installable
> E: Broken packages

As others say, 10.04 is too old for Yade. You can try to compile it, but
I do not think it is possible. You need a lot of dependent packages, which are
not available in this version of Ubuntu but required for Yade.

It seems you are using saucy-repository to install Yadedaily. It is impossible
because saucy is an Ubuntu 13.10, which is pretty new.

I would not recommend 12.04 to upgrade. It is too old also.

Anton