Re: [Question #251712]: Two problems for post-processing

Jérôme Duriez proposed the following answer:
Hello,

Personally, after a quick look to the code, I could not get to what
correspond these normStress and shearStress. I'm currently using
bodyStressTensors, which is exported by "my" VTK source files as the
principal stresses / directions. I can commit today if there is an
agreement about that.

If you want to derive mean and deviatoric stresses (or principal
stresses are ok for you ? I do no get exactly your goal), similar things
can be done. From my point of view, there is no need to solve non-linear
equations, just compute directly the spherical part of the stress tensor
S (1/3 * tr(S) * matrixIdentity), and the deviatoric part (S -
1/3*tr(S)*matrixIdentity), and so on...