Re: [Question #251218]: Modifying the Cohesive Frictional Contact Law

Hi Behzad,

as mentioned by Bruno, the first step should be to make the model work ("quick
hack for testing equations"). In this stage, it is not so important if the
code is perfect or not. When you are sure that the model works as expected,
then it is the time to make it nice from the point of yade design view.

A "clean model" means, that instead of repeating almost all variables as in
CohFrictPhys, you will inherit from CohFrictPhys (having already all the
variables available, so reducing code duplication). You will add some your
variables.

There are some variables in CohFrictPhys, that are not used in your case.
Either you can ignore it, or it would be possible to create something like
CohFrictPhysBase, containing all common variables, and then inherit
CohFrictPhys and CohBurgerPhys from this class..

let me finish with the same idea I begun with: Before your implementation
works using any code, it is not important to make the code perfect.

in case of any questions, let us know :-)

cheers