[Question #253059]: friction and shear stress

I am doing a simulation of a small scale avalanche. I want test how long will the avalanche run when it on the ground. but the plot shows the kinetic energy decrease really slow on the ground. I have set the friction angle of the ground material to 0.54. However, I saved the vtu file, and i open it with paraview, and save data to csv file, and open the csv file in excel, i found almost all of spheres don't have the shear stress. Is there any thing wrong? or this shear stress do not relate to the friction?

regards
Shaoxin Lei