[Question #253117]: force displacement curve

Hello All,

I was trying to obtain force displacement curve between two particles in contact but I wasn't sure how to do this.

I have some scenarios here.

What if I fixed one particle can I applied external force to the other particle?

or if I fixed one particle and gave the other particle the command to move towards the other particle either by :
 moving with constant velocity,
or to move directly to specific overlap location?

Would any of these method give me correct force displacement results?

Many thanks,

Hasan