Re: [Question #254986]: Trying to understand simple shear in 3D periodic systems

Steven Tobin confirmed that the question is solved:
Thanks for replying so quickly Dr Chareyre. The figure you linked to
clears up my confusion!

In the 2D example on that page my issue could have been phrased as:  a
particle may wrap in x (side-side) direction with no issue, but if the
particles at the bottom are moving much slower than the particles at the
top due to the presence of the shear band, how can the top-bottom
boundary condition be satisfied? The figure highlights the relative
motions of the "periodic cells" wrt one another - the missing piece for
both me and a colleague I posed the question to.