[Question #256013]: Getting Yade to recognize changes in .cpp files

I recently modified the VTKRecorder.cpp file that forms a part of the Yade libraries in an attempt to create a recorder of my own called "cfpm". I added some data about this new "cfpm" recorder to the VTKRecorder.cpp file and saved it. Incidentally, one of these changes was to alter the error message for unrecognized recorders, which contains a list of recorders that ARE recognized -- I added "cfpm" to this list.

However, when I actually try to use "cfpm" in my program, it didn't recognize it and still gave me the old, unedited error message. I haven't done anything with VTKRecorder.cpp except edit and save it. How can I get Yade to see my changes?