Re: [Question #256038]: Slope geometry creation

Mario Reyes is still having a problem:
Thanks so much, I did not think in the plane equation, that solved that
part of my problem. Sorry I was not more specific with the size of the
spheres. I have been reading some papers on modeling of materials using
DEM and I have seen that a "scale factor" is used, related to the ratio
of the real size of the particles and the size in the simulation. In my
case I am working with a sandy soil and the particle size is around a
few milimiters, which is computationally too intensive. In Cathalano
thesis, the scale factor is calculated with the results of DEM triaxial
tests, where the particle radii is increased in such way that the forces
in the walls are equal to the chosen confining stress. I have compacted
the material using the function randomDensePack, but I am not sure if
that approach is adequate or if I have to compact the material using
triaxial tests. That is related to the particle size as well.

Any comment will be of great help.

Thanks again.