[Question #256364]: Non-touching interactions not being recognized as real, despite interactionDetectionFactor > 1

Hi all,

I am currently running experiments on a cloud of particles made of a CohFrictMat. It is important, for my simulations, that I allow distant contacts; I have both interactionDetectionFactor and aabbEnlargeFactor set to 1.5. However, even with these stipulations in place, geometry and physics are not being created for any interactions where particles are not directly touching (i.e., the creation of REAL interactions behaves as though the interactionDetectionFactor were 1). What could be the source of this discrepancy?

Sincerely,
Christopher Stanbridge