Re: [Question #256400]: Shear box simulation

Mario Reyes is still having a problem:
Thanks Dr Chareyre,

I think the script you are referring me to is this
https://github.com/yade/trunk/blob/master/examples/test/periodic-simple-
shear.py. I understand that I can can set my required stress or strain
through the parameter "goal", in every direction. If stress or strain is
specified depends of "stressMask", but I have been checking the mailing
list and the PeriTriaxController class reference and I don't understand
how to set stress or strain through "stressMask".

I got more confused with the following lines in the documentation:

"The following creates periodic cloud of spheres and compresses to
achieve \sigma_x=-10 kPa, \sigma_y=-10kPa and \eps_z=-0.1. Since stress
is specified for y and z, stressMask is 0b011 (x→1, y→2, z→4, in decimal
1+2=3)"

I also have problems to understand the meaning of the parameter
"relStressTol". Finally, in the same example script this line is
present:

O.cell.velGrad=Matrix3(0,6,0, 0,0,0, 0,0,0)

Just before the conditions for the shearing. I think it is related to
the periodic boundary conditions, but I am not sure. If you can give any
insight in these topics would be of great help. Thanks again for your
answer.

Cheers,

Mario