Re: [Question #258331]: translation of facets in rotating tunnel drilling machine

it is common in Yade that you have fixed surface, also common is that you
have moving surface, but the motion is prescribed a-priori, regardless
interactions. To have a surface, that reacts on simulation progress (like
acting forces), you have basically two options:
- use prescribed motion, but you will change parameters of the motion
according to the simulation progress (i.g. changing velocity of the surface
according to acting forces)
- I am not sure it this would work, but you could create a clump from the
surface and set manually mass and inertia to it and then use it as an
ordinary particle

is this what you want to know (I am not sure if I got your question
correctly)?

cheers