Re: [Question #258445]: Problems in 3D simulation with PSC

Description changed to:
Dear Prof. Chareyre and all users:

  Thanks for helping me last time. Today I find some strange things
unexpectedly in my running codes.

  As you know, I used 2D simulation codes to model the localization
(shearing bands) phenomena formerly with given psd data and there was
nothing wrong. But this is not a complete task, real experimental
methods for building the plain strain condition (psc) are always like
that just in Ref.[1]. While 2D state is just an idealized mechanical
state and can provide a clear visualization of the formation and
evolution of such a narrow band but it should be noticed that it non-
real situations can give almost no help to define those important
geometrical attributes or statistical parameters to capture and trace
the actual bands in lab, such as local ratio void. So it is significant
to get a 3D running with psc, which is an easy task in YADE using stress
or strain rate controlling methods.

  But some strange things occur in this stage. My simulation codes seem
not to permit all the types of psd date. I use two groups of psd data
named psd-1 and psd-2 respectively. The ratio of the min radii of
particle with the max is very small in psd-1 and that in psd-2 is almost
equal to 1.When the simulation is running with psd-1, YADE cannot
recognize the basic geometrical parameters and the unbalance force, just
like Fig.1. But when it is replaced by psd-2, there is nothing wrong,
just like Fig.2. The only difference between the two is just in psd
data. These two data can be adopted perfectly in 2D simulation.

The py codes are so long that I cannot give them to this page. Do you have some another way  to send them?
please help me to check them at once (my YADE vision is 1.10 daily and before running, please make sure that the determined psd data is renamed by ’psd.txt’ )

Seeking your help!

Fig.1 http://s1287.photobucket.com/user/fzgkkk/media/01_zpsda27d293.png.html
Fig.2 http://s1287.photobucket.com/user/fzgkkk/media/02_zps1df49a2c.png.html

Ref.
[1] Desrues, J., Lanier, J., Stutz, P., 1985. Localization of the deformation in tests on sand sample. Eng. Fract. Mech. 21, 909–   921.