Re: [Question #258679]: Non conservation of energy when, simulation is loaded after saving

by "adding the dissipation(Frictional, Damping etc) also to my total energy
at every 50 steps" do you mean this?

def myFunction():
        pe_normal  = Mindlin.normElastEnergy() # normal PE
        pe_shear  = Mindlin.shearEnergy # shear PE
        norm_damp_dissip = Mindlin.normDampDissip # normal diss
        shear_damp_dissip = Mindlin.shearDampDissip # shear diss
        fric_dissip = Mindlin.frictionDissipation # loss due to friction
        E_tracker         = dict(O.energy.items())
        E_kin_trans = E_tracker['kinTrans']
        E_kin_rotation = E_tracker['kinRot']
        etotal =  pe_normal + pe_shear + E_kin_trans + E_kin_rotation +
fric_dissip + norm_damp_dissip + shear_damp_dissip # total energy

if so, by my last post I meant that Mindlin.normDampDissip,
Mindlin.shearDampDissip, Mindlin.frictionDissipation
might be lost during save/load process. Because it is only guess, I asked
you to check the values of these variables before save and how much energy
is not conserved after load. In the ideal case, the values would be equal..

cheers