[Question #258947]: particle packings; regular & random

I've got two questions:

1- For regular packings we usually import a gts for any shape and fill it with desired packing. But, can we fill a simple geometry without importing a gts?
Like a cylinder! If we want a cylindrical sample made by hexagonal packing, do we really need to import a gts for it?
For sure we can delete some particle by applying a filter to convert a cubic shape to cylinder but I was wondering if there's a function for direct filling of a cylinder without gts importing.

2- Let's say I have imported a cylinder as a gts. First, I randomly put some clumps inside the cylinder. Then, I want to fill the remaining space by hexagonal packed spheres. Can I still use pack.regularHexa(pred,radius...)? I don't want to have overlaps between clumps and balls.