Re: [Question #259218]: Creating a floor for simulation of collapse of a slope

Mario Reyes is still having a problem:
Thanks for your answers. I added the Bo1_Sphere_Aabb() to the
InsertionSortCollider, the Ig2 functor for the collisions between wall
and spheres and I had to add a contact law for the wall-spheres
(Law2_ScGeom_FrictPhys_CundallStrack()). I'm not sure about this because
the wall and the spheres are made of a cohesive material, but there is
no a law with "ScGeom" and CohFrictPhys. There is no a functor with
Wall_Sphere_ScGeom6D either. Anyway, it seems it is working.

My problem now is that the slope collapses completely when I apply
gravity force to it. I don't know if it's because of the parameters of
the material (I've tried changing the friction angle and it's the same)
or if it's because the type of packing I am using. (randomDensePack).
Does anyone know what I am missing?

Thanks Jerome. I think I have to loop over O.interactions and change
phys.shearCohesion to 0, according to another answer I found in the
list. I"ll give it a try when I solve my other problem.

Cheers,

Mario

This is how my simulation loop looks now:

# simulation loop
  O.engines=[
             ForceResetter(),#reset forces
             InsertionSortCollider([Bo1_Wall_Aabb(),Bo1_Sphere_Aabb()]),
             InteractionLoop(
                            [Ig2_Sphere_Sphere_ScGeom6D(),Ig2_Wall_Sphere_ScGeom()],        # collision geometry
                            [Ip2_CohFrictMat_CohFrictMat_CohFrictPhys()], # collision "physics"
                            [Law2_ScGeom6D_CohFrictPhys_CohesionMoment(),Law2_ScGeom_FrictPhys_CundallStrack()]   # contact law -- apply forces
                                            ),
                      # apply gravity force to particles
                            # damping: numerical dissipation of energy
                            NewtonIntegrator(damping=0.1,gravity=(0,-9.81,0))
                               ]