Re: [Question #261082]: Save/compute average strain 0.5*(∇u+∇u^t)

Bruno Chareyre proposed the following answer:
Hi,

>I didn't find a way to save the strain in Matrix3

You can do simply this (ugly, obviously we need to shortcut that):
eps=matrix3(TW.deformation(10,0,0), TW.deformation(10,0,1), ..., TW.deformation(10,2,2))

This would be the strain tensor for particle 10.

>An alternative way is to triangulate the packing

This is exactly what we are doing (with regular triangulation), else the concept of "closest neighbours" would be undefined.
In the first place the strain is defined per tetrahedron, but this field gives very unpleasant artifacts. So, we compute strain per particle as a weighted average of the incident cell's strain.
The strain per tetrahedron can't be accessed directly from python but it is somewhere in memory, not very difficult to get if you need it.

>Is it possible to save the average strain returned from the
TesselationWrapper?

Since you can read it (as in the line above), you can also write it into
a file. Is that what you mean by "save"?

>how to import the regular triangulation package to Yade

CGAL does not offer a proper python binding, so I would say no, you
can't import anything.

Bruno