[Question #262646]: Specific data extraction for post-processing purposes

Hi everyone!

I have a three part question about data extraction for post-processing purposes:

1. Until now, I have always extracted data with the VTKRecorder.  Is there another way to do it using the following format:
- one file for each time step
- each line of the file starts with the identifier of the selected body
- the identifier is followed by selected properties of the body (like the y position of the sphere's center)

I suppose that it is necessary to write either a python script (called by the PyRunner) or a C++ equivalent of the VTKRecorder to do this job?

2. Moreover, I want to know the impact velocity of a sphere on a facet.  How could I determine this velocity?  Let's say that the relative velocity is known for a given interaction; this issue will be adressed in my last question.  It would then be necessary to determine if a new interaction is created or not.  Is there a way to extract an interaction list, i.e. a list of which each element contains two IDs, the IDs of the objects in contact, at each time step?  If a new element is added to the list, I would then be able to detect a new contact.  Or is there another way of doing so?

3. Usually I use the visco-elastic law (ViscElPhys) implemented in ViscoelasticPM.cpp.  This law calculates internally the relative velocity between the bodies in contact (mentioned earlier) as well as the different components of the interaction force (normal/tangential elastic/viscous components).  I would like to extract this data during a simulation.  How could this be done?  Has this specific data extraction already been done for other contact laws?

Thank you in advance,
Dominik