[Question #265693]: Change sphere material for specific number of iterations and then restore previous one

here is my problem. I want to change sphere material in my simulation  (lets say) after every 1000 iterations, then to run simulation with new material for 50 iterations  and finally to restore previous material and continue simulation for another 1000 iterations and so on. It's not how to change material, but how to achieve this 'timing ratio'. Any suggestions?

Veljko